What is Badging?
NTN Badges serve 4 key functions for individual teacher development:
- Clear targets for developing strong project-based learning practices. PBL is a complex and interconnected approach to instruction, and the badges attempt to break it down into useful pieces of practice.
- Alignment of resources. Perhaps as useful as earning the badges, our intention is that the badges become a go-to place for teachers and instructional leaders and trainers to locate useful examples and resources to help inform particular parts of practice.
- Modeling ongoing learning. We assume all our teachers are lifelong learners. Developing their practice through the badges helps to model this ongoing learning while also allowing teachers to experience a more competency based way of organizing learning and credentialing.
Monitor your learning progression
Personalized feedback from reviewers
Learning targets for growing your skills
See examples of high-quality PBL practices
Find resources for implementing new practices
How do I get started?
It’s easy! Follow these steps to get started in our Echo course:
- Log into Echo as a student, click your picture at the top right, select “Enroll in Course,” and then enter the course code wffd18
- Within NTN Badging Course, read the Overview of Badging at NTN section.
- Begin working on the self-certify assignments in the New Tech Implementor folder. You’re on your way!
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your NTN School Development Coach if you have any questions.